Choosing the right office water cooler may seem simple, but there are a lot of options you need to consider. Your options include:
- Bench mounted
- Floor standing
- Hot and cold
- Under bench
- Plumbed in
Once you've decided on the type of water cooler you want, you still need to get a high-quality system at a good price. Make sure you get expert advice on the best system for your needs.
Modern-day office water coolers
Picture the typical office scenario of workers chatting around the water cooler. It’s a go-to place to top up drink bottles and glasses, and a place to take a break, rehydrate and refresh.
These days, there are many ways to deliver chilled drinking water and the traditional bottled water coolers are becoming something of the past. Businesses no longer want the expense and hassle of forever purchasing bottles of water along with storing and physically lifting heavy bottles causing OHS concerns. Not to mention, the environmental impact of excess plastic and transport.
With advanced technology, there are now sophisticated water cooler systems offering so much more. Under sink options offer instant boiling, chilled and even sparkling water allowing you to get rid of your kettle and get back your valuable productivity time.
5 of the most common office water coolers
- Plumbed in water coolers
- Bottled water coolers
- Drinking fountains
- Under bench chillers
- Under bench boiling/chilled systems
1. Plumbed in water coolers
A plumbed in water cooler lets you get rid of those plastic bottles and have a continuous filtered water supply. Many brands now appear on the market with some variation in price, but not all brands offer the same level of quality.
Make sure your water cooler comes with a good quality filter system with inexpensive filter replacements. Choose a water cooler brand with a long history of reliability and performance.
The Waterlux Mains Water Cooler offers a three-year warranty and is one of the most reliable water coolers on the market, and has been for over 20 years.
- Three-year warranty
- 20 years of proven reliability
- Large 12 litre integral reservoir
- Fast flow levers (dispensers)
- Plumbed in with no drainage required
- Never requires refilling or replenishing
- Easily removable drip tray for cleaning
2. Bottled water coolers
There is still a great need for bottled water coolers when there is no water supply available, and you need something you can simply plug in and go. However, there is another alternative to the traditional bottled water cooler.
The Waterlux Top Filled Bottled Water Cooler is exceptional in that you don’t need to ever buy bottled water again. You simply top up the filter bottle with tap water and the system does the rest for you.
- Environmentally and OHS Friendly
- No plumbing or drainage required
- Chilled/ambient and Chilled/hot options
- Floor standing and bench mounted options
- Low cost single disk filter with six months of life
3. Drinking fountain
Drinking fountains require water supply coming in and drainage going out. They’re a great solution when you need a drinking station that you can drink from directly, as well as top up water bottles. These are very popular in gyms, sporting clubs, schools, universities, factories and warehouses.
The Waterlux Robust Drinking Fountain is a popular option, and comes in a modern granite look finish.
- Most economical drinking fountain on the market
- Unlike a steel cabinet, no need to polish and shine
- Hard wearing and impact resistant
- 100% rust proof cabinet
- High cooling capacity
4. Under sink water chiller
An under-sink water chiller is a great option when you want instant chilled, filtered water in a system that's tucked away out of sight. A filtered water chiller is a simple and space-saving drinking solution.
The Waterlx Micro Chiller offers exceptional value and has been tried and tested for over 15 years. It’s one of the most reliable and cost-effective water chillers on the market.
- Australian made with quality components
- Full metal chassis and case
- High chilling capacity of 30 cups chilled per hour
- Competitively priced, beating most high-profile brands on the market
- Extremely reliable, silent running, and energy efficient
- Compact and simple design
5. Under sink boiling and chilled tap
The under sink instant boiling/chilled tap is fast becoming a must have in offices and staff room kitchens. With innovative technology and leading brands offering multi touch screen and digital features, these taps can become a very expensive purchase both upfront and for ongoing maintenance.
You should ask the question, are all the fancy bells and whistles necessary? If you simply want a reliable boiling and chilled tap for your workplace, there are options for any budget. Although leading brands look great and offer so many additional features, they’re not the only option on the market.
The Hydromix Boiling and Chilled Tap is absolutely outstanding when it comes to reliability, functionality and performance. It may not look as sleek and sophisticated as some of the other options, but it'll get the job done perfectly well.
- Australian made
- Solid brass free-flowing dual levered tap
- Separate boiler and chiller
- No expensive electronic pumps or valves – operates on mains water pressure
- No expensive electronic components
- Silent running compressor
- Available in 3 different boiling capacity sizes
- Economical and cost effective
- Very low risk of expensive maintenance repairs
Make sure you do your research and look at what you're getting for your money. While price is an important factor, it’s not the only consideration. Many of the products mentioned here are cheaper than the more well-known brands and have been proven to stand the test of time.
You need a system that's reliable. No business wants the hassle of waiting for repairs or pulling out the chequebook time and time again.
Here at The Water People, we are independent drinking water specialists. Get in touch with us for the best advice on choosing the right water cooler system for you.